Thursday, October 30, 2008

Let Dad win this time

The girls and I have a race every time I leave the house. I get in my car and they position themselves on the sidewalk. I roll down my window and yell, "Go!" We then race up the street to the corner. I usually rev the engine and pretend to be grasping the wheel for all its worth. I don't usually win, but its always close.

Today when I left after lunch, my oldest daughter was the only one outside. We began our race and about half way up the sidewalk she started tanking it. I slowed down and then gunned the engine a bit to try and encourage her. She just smiled and WALKED up the sidewalk with a grin on her face.

When she finally got to the corner I made a comment that I had won. She looked at me like I was the sweetest thing on earth as she said, "You know Daddy, I told the other girls just the other day that we need to let you win once in a while."

Pitied by a seven year old, ouch!

2 comments:

Foxy Lady said...

Hi, I love that you do this with the kids.
Love You

melmac said...

that's awesome! How cute is that! Good thing it wasn't a foot race, it's hard to slow down that much to let dad win!



yours truly,
Martha